Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

EARS TO HEAR

The latest thing of great importance to me lately is the fact that God speaks even yet today.  Recently I have been taking a lot of my personal burdens to the Lord in prayer.  Taking my fears and anxieties, uncertainties and such to Him and asking Him to deliver me and rescue me from my situation.  As I went into my prayer room at home I went again to lay out my soul before Him.  My focus was on myself and my struggles, so I just felt the urge to listen.  In my listening I began to open up my mind.  In an instant I had a thought come across my mind that was a solution to a problem in the ministry we were having.  In this problem I was having to appoint a leader over a small group that was really not prepared yet.  I felt awkward about it, but at the same time I felt like I had to do it.  I logically thought it all the way through and there were no other options in my mind.  I shared it with some of the other close saints that work with me at 180 and they all thought my plan was pretty good as well.  In the prayer closet, however, God gave me the solution to the problem we were facing.  The solution was so outside the box that I couldn't see it.  He told me who to bring in, when to do it and how it would work.  Now this might not seem big to you, but as I write this, it simply encourages my soul more and more that God is relating WITH ME!  I am crying out about my this and that, and He is directing me in my that and this.  Did I get my rescue I have been praying about?  No..... but I know the Lord is with me.  He is directing me.  He is relating with me.  YES!  Be encouraged that as you go and invest time with the Lord, in His presence, He will speak.  And the way He speaks might surprise you ("on another topic"...He might say).  May God give us all an ear to hear even when God is speaking on something we are not even focused on. 

2 comments:

Danny Boggs said...

"On another topic He might say"...those words are so true!God speaks to us about things in a whole different ball park at times.Just recently I got my daughters dog to live with me since she was going to have to put it to sleep."Self",I say, "you will enjoy this".WWWeelll,boy did God ever speak to me through a quiet dog sitting in front of me.I consider myself so much more patient with people now that God has come into my life...so much less black angry with life.But in the midst of Sascha, sitting in front of me, came irritation and anger...God saying to me,"Danny,you have been wondering about 2 Peter 3:17 (New International Version):"Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position."
Well,Danny,this is you...in the midst of your pride,I,God can show you how really weak you might be...even when you aren't aware of it."What a way for God to speak...through a quiet dog.
God does speak in so many ways that I think at times we limit a God who is "out of our league".God is showing me daily just how undesribable He really is!Thanks for your words and expressing the truth of God! :) Brother D

Stuart Royall said...

D, great to have some discussion! God speaks through donkeys, dogs and all kinds of stuff! Thanking God for the Holy Ghost who is always dealing with us, leading us to more and more peace as Christ fills us up more! Can't wait to meet Sascha!