Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Presence Factor



Just coming out of a season of God "dealing with us" as a church.  You know as I go week to week and have discussions with the members of the church, I can't help but think that God allows me to hear things that He wants me to hear.  You know, scripture says, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Romans 8:14.  People all the time say, "Man you were preaching to me!  That ain't right."  I should say in response, "stop giving me something to preach about!"  Joking of course.  On a serious note, a lot has been revealed to our church that God wants HIS PRESENCE to rest in the Church of God.  If Jesus is the HOPE of the world and He dwells in the heart of His followers, then He better be present!  Moses said it like this when God was tired of dealing with the Israelites in Exodus 33
   13"Now therefore, I pray You, if I have found favor in Your sight, let me know Your ways that I may know You, so that I may find favor in Your sight Consider too, that this nation is Your people."   14And He said, "My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest."  15Then he said to Him, "If Your presence does not go with us, do not lead us up from here.
   16"For how then can it be known that I have found favor in Your sight, I and Your people? Is it not by Your going with us, so that we, I and Your people, may be distinguished from all the other people who are upon the face of the earth?"   17The LORD said to Moses, "I will also do this thing of which you have spoken; for you have found favor in My sight and I have known you by name."   18Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!" 

Truly this is how God has been dealing with Heather and myself.  Just recently (5 weeks ago) I was shaping up my 2 year goatee and I felt impressed to cut it off.  Then as I was shaving it off I sensed the need to shave my whole head.  I know it sounds fanatical, but I truly felt God was DEALING with me.  Trying to say in a voice I could understand, "Come on Son, I am trying to take you to the next level, but you are too slow in staying where you are."  I felt I needed to physically strip my head as a sign to myself to get basic with myself and God, sanctify myself and go where God is calling me and wanting me to go.  In my repentance I asked a sister in the church to pour anointing oil on my head and pray for me.  She poured the whole bottle of oil (vial) on me.  As the scented oil dripped down my head and in my eyes and on my shirt, I couldn't even see.  I was so much in pain because of the eye burn, and all I could think was, yes Lord, this is what I need, I need You. Everyone in the service probably thought I was a freak, but what I was saying to God is "I DON'T WANT TO GO ANYWHERE WITHOUT YOU LORD."    Without you Lord, without your PRESENCE, what good is this stinkin ministry?  What has been accomplished yesterday is in the books, so my prayer and I hope yours too is, God if You won't go with me, don't send me!!!  -STU


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen! i don't want to go anywhere without His presence.

Stuart Royall said...

GIVE ME YOU JESUS! I Know that the Lord is THICK up in Richmond VA...especially in the west end!