Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 30, 2010

Use The Weapon!



I have had so much to share with all of you,  but as things would be we are challenged not having an internet service at the moment.  Please pray that I would have good wifi strategies in the days ahead :).
Praise report....I called a medical company dealing with part of Heather’s surgery.  They were about to send our bill to collections.  We were so encouraged when I called them and asked them to set up a payment plan.  They totally forgave the entire $2,000 bill.  Minor detail.
Now a word by Derek Prince in his book “Secrets of a Prayer Warrior” that I thought would inspire:  “There are 3 main weapons (spiritual) 1) the Word of God, 2) The Name of Jesus, 3) The Blood of Jesus.  We use these weapons by these means: Prayer, praise, preaching and testimony.  Ephesians 6 states that there is no weapon of offense or attack, until we come to the sixth item, which is the Word of God.  If you do not use the Word of God, you may be able to protect yourself, but you have nothing to attack Satan with.  If you want to put Satan to flight, if you want to get him out of your way, out of your home, out of your family, out of your business, if you do not want just to tolerate him and hold him off, the weapon you must use is the weapon of attack, the sword of the Spirit the Word of God.”  

In thinking of this writing the picture I get is Sylvester Stallone in those ridiculous "Rocky" movies being nailed over and over and over and all I could think was...."Rocky, you have to punch back."  Many times I feel that is how I fight in the spirit realm against Satan and his cohorts.  I have a tough chin...I can take a tough week, negative reports, ridiculous odds, challenging health and finances, unbelievable reports and relational challenges.  This writing makes me see myself like a prize fighter taking a beating.  "I'm still standing," I say, but then again, I'm not really throwing any punches.  Today I was encouraged to not just stand against the onslaught of the enemy but to search the Word of God diligently to find the wealth of ammunition that I can USE against the enemy.  Are you discouraged today? Overwhelmed? In pursuit by negativity?  Grab the Word and see what it says to your circumstance.  Call it out of your mouth and declare it over your situation.  The promises of God in the Word are not only to encourage us but to be used as a WEAPON.  Prince says in his book that a Bible sitting on a shelf has no power, but one that is appropriated is very powerful indeed.  Fight the good fight of faith with the WORD herd! - Stu

1 comment:

Joe Capri said...

This is one of the INFINITE reasons why I am glad that God had you disciple me. Good word, Stu! I love you!!!