Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 31, 2011

God Fills Our Needs

Matthew 6:33 is simple and straight forward.  It reads, "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."  This is a great comfort to me.  Seeking first God's Kingdom...and more simply Him.  We have the opportunity to seek God and have the resources we need or we result to going our own way in our own wisdom, often resulting in frustration and fear.  Walking with Jesus just doesn't get easy.  Following Him is the narrow way.  It is "difficult".  Scripture reminds us that every day has struggles.  Job declares in 14:1, "Man, who is born of woman, is short-lived and full of turmoil."  Why I mention all of this is that we all know what to do, but the reality is we struggle to do it.  Life is busy, life is hectic.  To simply take time to be with Jesus and get in His word, allowing Him to speak to our hearts through the Word and by the Spirit takes some cultivation and dedication.  Most of us are willing to go to work, and get our children ready for school, but a lot of us are not even dedicated to exercise, or eating right, or a hobby for that matter.  You get out what you put in, is true with the Lord I think.  For instance our family has been in a tight financial squeeze for months.  This weekend the Lord blessed us immensely and we were able to pay off some medical bills.  It seems like in my desperation to see God move in my life, after I paid the bills, I just went on with my life.  I soon found out that I was missing something.  My joy was not full, my peace was bothering me, grumpy with my kids etc...  Heather seemed to be struggling with some loose ends at home etc.  We looked at each other and she reminded me, our time with Jesus is not an option.  Not even a breakthrough financially can bring long term peace.  Let me tell you, I NEED PEACE.  I need it every day.  That is what God gives His children.  For me not to walk in peace with God is like being  hungry in the grocery store with a loaded wallet!  The reminder this morning is precious.  You have to seek God.  And keep on seeking Him.  Peace, joy, direction, love, confirmation, all we need is IN HIM.  To go a day without it (Him) would be arrogant and unwise.  Help me Lord to seek You daily!

Stu

No comments: