Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 11, 2011

Syd, Shots, and Thanksgiving

Syd got her shots for kindergarten today.  Been a long time since she had to go to the doc.  She was reeling from the pain Heather told me.  When I got to her at home she was watching goofy and the Disney cartoons rocking in her little girl rocker eating cut up hotdogs with multi-colored band-aids on her legs.

I asked Syd if she was mad at the doctor, and she said, "No dad, she was really good...." like a grown up.  I was so proud of her.  Sydney is my babyiest one.  Soon to be 5 in April, she is a reminder to me that while we labor and press in life, we need to remember how special each season in life is.  I will never take my children for their kindergarten shots again..... that is a sober reminder of my 40 year old self.  I feel 25 inside and remember when having a kid was a dream.  Something bitter sweet about these shots, makes me reflect on my personal life and the preciousness of my family, wife and kids.  I have the joy of spending every Wednesday with Syd from about 8-2.  Sometimes with her I find my mind drifting off, thinking about bills, or the church, or a tough situation with a relationship, or whatever....  God is reminding me to seize these moments.  Soon, I won't be able to spend these kinds of time with my kids.  I pray that I will be more sensitive to living in the now and not so much the tomorrow.  With all the uncertainty and frustrations in every one of our lives looking forward, it makes it that much easier to pause and give grace over the meal in front of my face this day.  Thank you Lord.  Thank You.

1 comment:

Redemption Art said...

Love ya Money! With you on all that...