Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Guest Writer Jaimie Baskin: Army Crawlin It!

Have you ever felt that at any moment “the bottom’s gonna drop out”. This vague feeling that someone is gonna snatch the cornerstone of your house of cards. Silent...pressing...heaviness.... Its been hanging in the air all around me. Usually I write it off but not this time this was different. A sensing from the Holy Spirit...”stay low and keep quiet” Feeling like just being on the ground wasn’t low enough. If I could have dug a hole and gotten under the ground I would’ve done it, believe me. Anything to shake it. As my day was whisking by full of meetings, deadlines and everyday errands, I found myself asking “What is this?”

Ditching the gym I pressed in. I opened my bible to Jeremiah 17 and just started reading and there it was. Jumping off the page, vs. 5 hit me like a slap from my momma.

“Thus says the Lord: CURSED is the strong man who trusts in and relies on frail man, making weak (human) flesh his arm, and whose mind and heart turn aside from the Lord. For he shall be like a shrub or a person naked and destitute in the desert;and he shall not see ANY good come, but shall dwell in the parched places in the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land. Blessed us the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Lord, and whose hope and confidence the Lord is.”

The pressure of being a busy mom, head of household or whatever your life entails can silently..slowly... have you putting your trust in ....well ...YOU! The “make it happen” anointing”. That heaviness is from the Lord, the feeling of living under a curse. And as you take off that mantle and give it to Christ going low with repentance you feel it start to lift. NEWS FLASH We can’t do it! “Apart from HIM we can do NOTHING” Isn’t it relieving to know He has to do it!

No comments: