Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Reminder This Morning


Sharing with you a letter I wrote to a dear friend.  I think it is a good reminder to me and maybe for you too. 

I am speaking to us both when I say, lets keep trying to seek God first every day.  What I tend to do is get with God, then He speaks, then I start running.  I get so excited.  It is like Sydney (my 5 year old) at the beach.  She needs sun screen, then a floatie, then a lecture (about safety, rip tides, safe swim) in that order.  I know what she needs.  When we get out of the car she wants to run straight to the ocean.  If I let her, she would be scorched from sunburn that night and really, really regret it.  Then she would swallow a boat load of salt cause she cant swim.  I would rescue her but it would be miserable.  Then she would have a miserable time when it was all designed to be good. 

So the key is wait for Father to speak to us and then when He takes our hand to the water, we can go because He is ready.  When He is ready, we are good to go.  Even today I have too much to sit around and pray.  It goes against my logic to sit and pray about it. I  have some disappointing news that will demand my redirecting in ministry.  I have some personal problems that require more of my energy and thought, I have family stuff that I need to “do”.  But if I go today without time with God, I will miss peace and centering that only God can give me.   I will be up at 4 am staring at the ceiling overwhelmed because of my running ahead.  Plus, I may be pained by running ahead without Him (sunburn).  The key value this season is abiding. 

Lets continue to abide and trust that God will give us what we need in this season.  The overflow will be the power to endure and realize ENORMOUS things that come from SIMPLE times with God.

Stu

No comments: