Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 11, 2011

JOY!

 Some thoughts from Heather that really speak to our situation:

I was talking to the Lord this week, distraught because He keeps telling me this is the season of JOY & REFRESHING...yet it's been the hardest few months that I've experienced in many, many years. My conversation with Him went a little like this, "Lord, so many wonderful things are happening, yet why do the negative things seem to far outweigh the good? I mean, You are all powerful God..You are so good. Why does the devil's schemes & arrows feel stronger & seem to over take me regularly right now?" The Lord immediately showed me that I was shining the spotlight on the negative and playing into the enemy's tactics by talking about the negative, laying it down only to let it be brought back up by others around me and talking about it some more. I was giving the enemy's tools & traps more power by  not guarding my tongue & redirecting conversations that could potentially rehash the attacks, evil, dark arrows that were directed at the hearts of believers to wear them down.

I read Philippians 1-3 today. Paul talks about Joy alot, yet he was imprisoned, alone, persecuted... How could this be? Because Joy is a fruit of the Spirit of God who lives on the inside of us. If we are filled up with Jesus, keep our minds renewed daily, our Joy can't fade!!! Praise God.

--
Heather Royall

1 comment:

Mary said...

Heather, Your prayer is so pure and honest as well as the answer your received from God, our Loving Father, never to wound or condemn but to encourage, Love, and strengthen. How much He Loves us we cannot fathom! How we all focus on the negative by listening to the enemy's voice in our heads as we focus on what is going on around us it seems so bleak at times and we fold into this destructive pattern. Oh how I wish I could just flip a switch inside that would shut down the breaker panel within never to be flipped back on again!
We have so much to be thankful for daily! So much to shout about in Joy to the Lord. God knows all and He understands how we feel, Jesus came in the flesh to truly experience all that we do and He did too, more than we will ever experience!
I believe that when Jesus sent out the 72 by 2's it was so that when one was beaten down by the negativity of those they were sent to, the other could lift up the one beaten down by the rejection of those they were sent to give the Message of Salvation to.
This is where we come in as being one of the flock of God's in the pasture He has placed us in. We need to lift one another up when one is so beaten down in this life that is hard to put one foot in front of another, not to scatter, but to come together!
God Bless you Heather! I love you dearly! In Christ's Love, Mary