Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Blacksburg Weekend

This weekend my family will all be heading to Va. Tech, Blacksburg, VA.  I have the high honor to bring the gospel of Jesus Christ to a campus fellowship and I can hardly contain my excitement as I expectantly look forward to a move of God!

Following the Friday fellowship, we have an opportunity to attend the Va Tech v. Appalachian State University season opener.  This a grudge match between my wife and my alma mater's!

As we look forward to a great time in the Lord, we recognize we need the saints prayers in a real way.  As I sent out an email soliciting prayer for the upcoming weekend college fellowship event I received this portion of prayer from a dear saint in our 180 church.  It is taken out of a larger context but here is what it says,

"I pray you fill Stuart's mouth with your words for these people. That your love for them is shown even in the short 30 mins. That the would hear your word and receive it. God, if thru u stuart could reach such a broken, tore up, rebellious soul like mine than he can reach a million. Thank u God for this opportunity. Thank you for your goodness, for your mercy, and compassion on us."

Ok...so as tears rolled down my eyes, I start to think of how the glorious gospel is POWER to those who believe.  God thank you for all the impact You have made in our lives!  You are truly glorious!

PRAY FOR BLACKSBURG!

Stuart



No comments: