Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sweet Aroma


From our Worship Director Kelly Edwards on our being postured for worship of the King Jesus, 


"I am working my way through a little study guide on worship, written by the same author who wrote our discipleship book series.  In it he says "worship is expressing by LIFE and WORD the worth of God our Maker... worship is my spirit communing with His Spirit."  And as I read through the Psalms this last week I came to Psalm 63 which describes this means to me so beautifully... "

1 O God, you are my God,     earnestly I seek you; 
my soul thirsts for you, 

   my body longs for you, 
in a dry and weary land 

   where there is no water.
 2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
   and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
   my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
   and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
   with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

 6 On my bed I remember you;
   I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
   I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 My soul clings to you;
   your right hand upholds me.


"And as I read this during our worship service this week, it made me just start to weep as I spoke the words because this intensity is what God wants from us and longs for.  He wants us to thirst for Him.  He wants us to be satisfied with him as with rich foods.  He wants our souls to cling to Him.  But do we really give Him all that we are?  That is my prayer for our body in this season is to break through to a worship that is this intimate and beautiful. "

Sweet Incense- Stuart 



No comments: