Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Limp Legs

Something that has always bothered me:  People that live like the devil yet say profound and proper things about faith, proper living and/or morality.  I am sure this sounds self righteous to say, but when I have experienced this in the past, it makes me want to vomit.  Hearing someone who is irresponsible talk about the important of diligence.  Someone speaking of love and they are mean as a snake all the time.  A conversation with an unfaithful person as they discuss the importance of loyalty etc.... I often times try to overcome my sour stomach and tell myself to stop judging these folk. 

I came across a SERIOUS proverb in my studies today that at least touches on this subject.



"Like the legs of the lame that hang limp is a proverb in the mouth of fools." Proverbs 25:7

Ouch.

Well, don't want to be so quick to judge, but it is a proverb to know, it isn't wrong to want to throw up when a beautiful truth spews out of the mouth of a ....well.........fool.  Can you say handicapped speech?

Peace- Stu

No comments: