Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 4, 2011

 The song below is "You Just Gotta Know" from a rap artist named Lecrae.  Not sure about the calamity line, so someone help me out.  But truly listening to this song on the way to school with the kids.  It spoke to me in a gentle way like a dagger in the heart :).  I think my mindset was a bit frustrated with my own inability to even be the man that I know I should be, want to be and hope to be.  In it all I struggle in the reality of it all that at least I know that I am desperate for God's help in all of that and that sometimes it scares me that people all around me don't know about it, but have the intellect to fly to the moon and all that.  And even people that know God is for true, struggle to surrender to Him for fear of being dropped (note last 2 lines).  In it all I am overcome by the lyrics "I know I'm loved and I'm pursued).  Just thinking how God created this ball, split open seas to let a million people escape the world power (Egypt), made the sun stand still, delivered death row inmates from fire pits and lion cages...and He even considers my life.  Overwhelming.  Enjoy the lyrics below and if you like to get your gangsta lean on, download the song, it is sweet.  JJ gives it a 5 rating.  - Stu

"(Yeah) I sit and hear the guitars play, Wonder if they could, what would stars say or Venus and Mars say
Or say that we want it our way....Stars so desperate to shine that they go on livin' the hard way
The intellect to travel to Mars but so blind, We worship Venus but she don't even know who we are
And she never cared why cuz she wasn't there...When I was tryin' to drown my sorrows in a pool of despair
I ain't perfect, sometimes I feel worthless, Worth less than that is the image that Ive purchased
Man, from the shades to the shirt to the shoes, Just another fool tryin' to cover he's confused, that ain't cool
Sometimes I hate the man in the mirror....Cuz I know he's a liar and a cheater and a killer
People say they love him but they love what he can give 'em, But deep inside he knows that there's a reason for him livin'

(Uh) You know I need YOU like aqua, Day without ya got me so nauseous,
If I ain't cautious, I'm gonna self-inflict my sickness You know it's true, YOU as my witness
At how YOU witness my inconsistence...Yes, the ovation when I need your assistance
And I just gotta know that even though I'm a misfit, I'm still worth more than calamity's French kiss
Yes I'm loved, and I'm pursued, And though I can't feel it, still I know that it's true
Somebody woke me up, and yeah, I know it was YOU....And yet I keep tryin' to steer clear of YOUR view
Cuz if YOU get me, I know that YOU got me....But I'm so insecure I can't believe that YOU want me
But then I heardYOU went outta your way to adopt me..
Well you can have my all if you swear you won't drop me

No comments: