Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 11, 2011

Scrap Metal, Souls and Wilmington Partners

Came back from a quick trip with a brother to Wilmington today.  It was awesome.  Thankful for friends and partners in ministry.  In our visit we were able to visit a dear friend in town for a java.  I was thinking how this person has been so essential in the ministry being able to continue on in support of 180 even though they have not been in the area, our meetings or services.  Every time they send a check, I am overwhelmed.  I think, what have we done to deserve this?  As we were talking, we were abundantly aware that God is the one who gets the glory, but wow, how awesome it is when a friend "see's you".  When you are "seen" to me that means to be valued and recognized as a legitimate and relevant work of God.  Just recently a close friend sent me a request for old metal parts for his mission in Africa.  The metal will go to help build their ministry project with the local orphanage and outreach.  I surrendered my family heirloom (as he calls it).  A 1973 VW.  He has gone back and forth with me about giving up a treasure.  Indeed it is a treasure in that I have held onto it for time and time and time, but never have been able to make it work for our family.  I dreamed of putting Jeremiah in it one day fully restored.  But as I began to pray about it, I felt the Lord say to me, metal for souls.  What is it worth?  Gladly I released the old car, tattered and smudged with grime and years of neglect.  In some strange way, I felt more partnered, more connected with Africa and the work that they are doing there.  It has been frustrating in this season in our lives to not be able to give much of significance for months and months, so in a strange way, being able to give this truly is a blessing.   I "see" this guy and his wife and what they are doing.  So to sow it into their ministry is a true and precious honor.

I think our Wilmington partner must feel like that too.  As they said, "The Lord put it on my heart to support your ministry."  Well, that ministry has meant my family for most part.  That is near and dear to me.  More and more amazed I am of how God will go to other towns if it takes that for people to "see you".  Wilmington, thanks for seeing us at 180 way down here in Myrtle Beach.  I will never forget your generosity that truly has helped us to stand.  Every soul saved will be attributed to your contribution, much like my junk VW in Africa.  Thanks simply for the gift, for "seeing me", and for being faithful.  And thank you God for all you do to never forget me laboring here for You.

PS-  to learn more about my Africa friends,Ken and Karen, click on their link comegowithus.org

No comments: