Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 10, 2011

PROVERBS 25:19

"Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble [is like] a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint." 

Another title for this post could be "A Few Good Men."  I have learned a bit in the past few years of church planting.  There is a difference in testing/training and trusting.  Testing and training comes with a learning curve.  What I mean to say is, you expect failure quite a bit.  With that it is kind of easier to deal with sloppy results, because you basically factor in helping with a project or essentially bagging an assignment from another to do it yourself.  The idea is to see where individuals perform so as to improve excellence or proficiency.  I am learning that I have often mixed the two up (testing and trusting).  When placing full trust in an untested individual, the proverb written above plays out in truth.  Many times I have fully trusted in people that I thought were truly faithful and when that proved to not be true, wow did it hurt.  Perhaps it was my fault?  At least a bit.  The scripture basically tells us to not put faith in an unfaithful person, especially in an important matter...unless we are a glutton for punishment (or a toothache :) .  What I am taking from this scripture is to asses what are the expectations that I put on people who are around me.  For those of us in leadership training and development, I am learning that to release responsibility and task to a responsible person, what a JOY!!!  So, the battle becomes, "Who is faithful?".  My focus a bit now is to make sure that what I am assigning is to a proven and tested individual, or else, I should expect a learning curve (fit with a lot of clean ups).  Knowing that will help me and my teeth and ankles.


Stu.

No comments: