Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Canine Frustration

Ok, it has been a while but I woke up this morning with a very vivid thought.  I hate to say it, but I think it was the Lord.  The thought was:  "We protect our dogs better than our children."  The image was very ruff,  pun intended, so please excuse me if it comes across crude. 
  Many of us know that spring fever comes into play sometime about now, and we know that even nature claws to "do the natural" and when they do we are sure to make sure we protect our dogs and domesticated animals from roving the neighborhood while in "heat."
  I sensed this morning that we often do more for our dogs than we do our own children.  I was shocked going through the childrens "Gap" to find "Daisy Duke Shorts" for kids my Alexandra's age.  It made me so sick.  All I could think of was all the wicked influences of our modern and not so modern "grown ups".  I am not mad at the culture, I get it....people want to shake their thing and yada yada....  I also understand that it is going to continue that way.  Yet Church, we as fathers and mothers gotta do better.  We gotta protect our little girls better than that.  We gotta make sure when they get that lovin feelin all about middle school and even now a bit sooner, we have to make sure we don't let them roam around the neighborhood.  We have to make sure that we don't let those stray dogs come in and lay on our leather. 
  Come on, as I am writing I feel a bit more ticked.  I can't imagine all the frustration and agony the 16 year old daughter's dad has when he realizes the boy he "handed off" his daughter is doing the "do" in his own sedan.  Well, maybe we ought not be so quick to let our daughters off with boys who are in heat(all of them).  I could think nothing better than to let one of those stray dogs come in and prance with the big dog while he talks with the momma poodle and helps us do work around the house and eat with us as a family and maybe even leave right after dinner to go be with his "pack".  In it all he is supervised with baby chihuahua. 
 Feminists and moderns cringe when I write in this style, but to see those little girls all over the boys at the christian concert last night made me want to ask, where is the lead dog?  We will do better to start keeping a watch over our little pups, and that is just the little pup girls.  The boys?  We need to keep a leash on those bad boys.  Take em fishin, get em in sports, but be there to pick em up.  Don't just drop em off.  Expect them to be pure and make sure if they aren't going to be, at least make it be hard on them :)
   The travesty to me in it all is that we PROTECT our in heat dogs more than our spring fevered children.  And in it all we have been duped to believe we are protecting our dogs and making it hard on our kids.  Who is the lead dog here?  Let's get that pack mentality again and take care of these precious little ones.

-Stu




No comments: