Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rain On Us Lord

"When I'm dry and thirsty Lord, and I'm crying out for more, I know I can trust in Your love."  Lyrics from a contemporary psalm.  How often have you been dry?  Or another way of saying, how many times have the circumstances and burdens of life attracted your thoughts and attention over the loving care and affirmation of God?

How do we, "undry" ourselves?  We can't!  But as we continue to look to the Holy Spirit we can trust that God wants us to be wet, filled and brimming with expectant hope and joy with His presence!
  
19"Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;  ACTS 3:19

Sin squelches....grimes and bogs us down.  The presence of the Lord is a Holy presence.  The Lord is a refreshing God....He wants us to prosper and be filled with energetic praise, even in the difficult and ridiculous trials we face.  Psalm 23 is the most well known reminder of God's heart for us as His children:

    The LORD is my shepherd;
    I shall not want.
2    He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
    He leads me beside the still waters.
3    He restores my soul;
    He leads me in the paths of righteousness
    For His name's sake.
4    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil;
    For You are with me;
    Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5    You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
    You anoint my head with oil;
    My cup runs over.
6    Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    All the days of my life;
    And I will dwell in the house of the LORD



I know that the underlines and the bolds and big fonts are way over the top, but come on....lets break this bad boy out of the Psalms and recognize, if God is all this to us, why is it so stinkin hard to prioritize time with Him in prayer and Bible study?  Busy, busy, distracted and doing stuff.  Wow.  The presence of the Lord is able to bring all this stuff in my life, that is what I am talking about.  I pray today that the PRESENCE OF THE LORD overtake you and bring you to a place of complete contentment!




Holy Spirit on a rampage to refresh the BRIDE!  - Stu



No comments: