Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Holy Spirit "Want To"

So, I was walking my dog Scooby and I was thinking to myself and reaching out to God with it at the same time, "Lord, I know I am not what I want to be, and I could use so much more of your fire in me.  I think how my chest feels normal, and how I remember times when I could not keep my heart in my chest, like I was going to die if some of the Lord inside of me didn't get "out".  I mulled back and forth about how many people in the church struggle with so many issues and sins, and yet they have a desire to do the will of the Lord.  I felt the Spirit speak to me, "That desire comes from Me."  What a revelation.  Too often we take credit for wanting to do the right thing, maybe even taking credit for doing it (pharisee-ism).  The reality is that it is God by His Holy Spirit doing the work. Philippians 2:13 says it this way:

 13for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure. 

People need to know that!  You and I need to know this!  The very urge to do right (even when we are not walking in it) is a sign that the Holy Spirit is indeed AT WORK IN US.  Why does that matter?  Because so often people give up without enduring, thinking that they will never "get there".  So they settle for lower level living and the promise of God eludes them (peace, joy, fulness).  The promise of having the "Helper" with us?

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.- Philippians 1:6

Believer in Christ, be encouraged in your desires if they are for God's work in your life.  Don't focus on quitting now, you are about to see the will of God done if you will only hold onto the promptings of the Spirit with obedient steps of response.  Today is actually a day for a deeper experience with the Holy Spirit. I encourage you all to make steps to do what He is urging you to do so that His presence will pour out more fully in your lives.

Lets pray for our struggling brothers and sisters today with their desire to do right in their lives and make sure to pray them to the other side of walking it out!

- Stu

No comments: