Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Confirmations

It is not much you may think, but it is pretty cool when God is speaking and you are not sure, but what happens next is He confirms that He said it to you in another way.  That is WAY.  Just recently I was reading something in preparation for a sermon.  In the reading it talks about the importance of Baptism.  As I was reading it, a person came to mind who years ago discussed with me that they had never been immersed but sprinkled as a convert to Christ.  For the record, I chose to immerse our new Jesus Freaks in the water and lap it up from head to toe.  We take em to the ocean, the pool or if we have to a horse trough.  Years ago, as we discussed church membership, I shared my views with her and thought it was ok that if her conscience was clear and her heart was right in how she was baptized and giving her heart to the Lord, that was all that mattered.

Now fast forward to my studies.  As I was reading about the importance of baptism in regards to the fulness of God through repentance of sins and then the receptivity towards receiving the Holy Spirit, I began to think on this sister.  I kind of dismissed the thought like it was just me, trying to stir up some trouble.  That was Saturday night....all of this went down.  I put it out of my mind and just went on with my studies.  Later Sunday night after service, the young lady comes to me and tells me, "Stuart, I am not sure about this but I really keep thinking about baptism.  I just don't know if I should be rebaptized or not....I just don't want anything to block me from the power and presence of God in my life."

Well, let me tell you right now, I certainly have no thought about rebaptizing anyone, but when I had those thoughts on Saturday in my studies about this young lady then it was confirmed on Sunday with our conversation, I was jacked up in my spirit.  I really felt like the Lord was stirring something up.  That is so exciting to me to know that God is a confirming God.  He will truly let you know when He is speaking. Now some of you might think, "it doesn't matter about baptism."  Maybe thinking from a theological stance or something.  But I am going to tell you, this stuff doesn't just happen...it is not coinkidink.  God is speaking and you bet I am listening.  It is in this season if we are listening to the Lord and responding that He will truly honor His people by pouring out more of Himself.  And that is what we need in this hour!!!

Thought I would share that with you this week so that if this type of thing happens to you, you won't just think "Jinx".  If we are filled with the Holy Spirit, He will lead us into all truth and it will be confirmed in order that we may proceed boldly!

Peace,

Stuart

No comments: