Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 13, 2011

Staying Power Part II

Stu Weber: Tender Warrior writes about the staying power of Bible heavyweight Job.  "Job's enormous staying power was rooted in his walk with God.  He did not withdraw it.  The man's relationship with God was such that it generated staying power.  He capsulated his confidence with a strong statement: He knows the way with me; when he has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.  In other words, 'The God I serve knows precisely what is happening in the most secret parts of my soul.  He knows how much I can handle and how much i can't.  I trust Him with my life.  Therefore I will handle it.  And when this is over, I will be even nmor like He wants me to be.'  Job must have recited that old preacher's prayer: 'Lord, help me to remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I can't handle together."      
Staying power.    
  
The bottom line?  

Stay with it, man.  Stick by your commitments.  Stand by your promises.  Never, never let go, no matter what.
  • When marriage isn't fun....stay in it
  • When parenting is over your head....stay at it.
  • When work is crushing your spirit....don't let it beat you.
  • When the local church is overwhelmed with pettiness....stay at it.
  • When your children let you down....pick them up.
  • When your wife goes through a six-month mood swing....live with it.
  • When  it's forth and fourteen with no time on the clock....throw another pass.
Understand that the heart of staying power is SACRIFICE."

That is what MEN need today!  Staying Power-  Stu

No comments: