Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 26, 2010

God's Family

Baptism today in the surf @ Myrtle Beach. Louis, Nellie and Zac. Tom Ditzler helped me dunk our brethren! (I told him not to hold them down too long.) Our small group of about 20 folks showed up at noon to pray and baptize at 3rd Ave. North, in Surfside. The reality is that Baptism is a special time. We teach it is not optional, it is a celebrational, worshipful response to Christ's call to follow Him with a washed life and a new beginning. For a minute, we recognize it can be a bit awkward for some vacationers, but the reality is that I think it is a good reminder to be public about our decision to follow Christ. Being a small church and not having a "Batismal" I think is a pretty good thing. Many people came by to be "nosey" (kidding...what is not nosey about 20 people standing in a circle. Everyone was looking for jellyfish. The reality is we had a chance to share the Word of God, not just through preaching but through demonstration of a life of response to God's Word. Following was a great time at McDonald's and some funny moments will all the kids at playland. I am thankful for my God family. This family is eternal. I know that as I shared with the three our baptism is not powerful in that it doesn't "do" anything for us. I shared that it doesn't take away our sins, forgive us or give us special power. We do it to represent Christ openly and unashamedly. For He has washed our sins away and already forgiven us. May God fill Louie, Zac and Nellie with great purpose that they may live long productive lives for our Daddy.- Stu
Posted by Picasa

No comments: