Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Heating Up Baby

Thanking God today for a major blessing.  With Heather down a bit from surgery, I have been shouldering the load (pun intended) of the laundry ministry in our house.  The laborers are few in this category, and not only that, the dryer recently went kaput.  So what did ol stu think up?  Putting up a line from tree to tree in the back yard.  Heather was a bit embarrassed, but it was either $6 for a line or $200 for a service call.  2 weeks of having clothes on the line (only to get rained on 3 x) in a two week period is enough to make a brother ready for some help.  I am almost positive this was a biblical truth I have been walking out, truly the Lord is chastising me for all the times I complained about Heather not having my draws clean or my shirt ready.  If we reap what we sow (and surely we do), when it has been my up at laundry, sure as the world, the ol dryer kicks a stroke on a brother.  Grandma Royall would be proud of my old school clothesline, but just yesterday, the Lord intervened.  We had close family friends purchase for us a scratch and dent model (dryer)on the back of their truck (and there were no scratches and dents!)  So far 8 loads and a couch full of dry clothes.  Trying to convince Heather that sitting and folding is a good rehab exercise, but I think she is absolutely not buying it seeing as she left me home for a Bible study meeting! Sheesh, are you kidding me.  In all seriousness, I am so grateful for the mercy of the Lord, caring of friends and love from my brothers and sisters in the Lord.  Where would we be without the Lord?  Oh yeah, He understands too, He is in the laundry business.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While the laundry line was a great idea (although I can relate with Heather, I wouldn't be thrilled about my skivvies blowing in the breeze), I think it's awesome to see how God reaches into our lives to bless us even in the "details" and bring glory to His Name. I also really love that you call it the "laundry ministry" It's hard to always see laundry as a "ministry" to the family....but hey, when it comes to having clean 'draws' (I totally hear you saying that!), some serious ministering going on there! Happy laundering! :) I bet the smell of those dryer sheets will bring about a few praises!

Stuart Royall said...

HA! For true.... lots of ministry in the laundry sis!