Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 14, 2010

Heart Matters

A True Laker's Girl!  Alex and her bball get up, from about 5 months ago.  The girl can ball ya'll.  Just getting back from a graduation service and was blessed to see the first of the sibling kids graduate.  Wow.  That makes me a little bit aged, doesn't it?

So, my weekend was highlighted by a pig-pickin, family talks and grad services and such.  Also 4 hours on customer service trying to get my cell phone to work.  Oh my goodness.  Just a week before I preached on anger in the heart being the same as murder, and I felt all good about the message until the customer service workers permanently disconnected my telephone number of 6 years altogether.  I think I killed a lot of people with my spewing frustration.  Hmmmm, lets just say that I failed about 7 humility tests.  The church at 180 would not be so forgiving if they saw me in action like Heather, just say a lot (12) customer service agents had more than an earful from me.  In all my condescension, I realized after 4 hours of strong-arming that I simply wasn't going to win and I was stealing time from my family.  I got a revelation to go to Wal-mart and ask for a refund (which they gave) minus the $45 activation minutes.  All in all I lost.  I lost in anger, meanness, money and stolen time (oh, and my cell phone number).  I am reminded to live what I preach and do it when it is inconvenient.  It is true that when we get squeezed what comes out is who we are and let me tell you, I am not impressed with what I saw this weekend in my own self.  With all that said, I spent the day today seeking the face of Jesus.  Realizing that cell phones don't matter and truly He is sovereign over this stupid debacle as well.  My peace has been restored, and I only wish I could go to Mexico and personally apologize to the customer service agents (sincerely).  We cannot have tomorrow back, but we can see what is ugly about ourselves and give it to Jesus to replace.  May God continue to work in us a true spirit of gentleness and humility, patience and a bigger view of reality than our sim card.  Pray for a brother! Oh, and maybe God will grant me the same number by His mercy.... if not, just know if suzy picks up, my number has changed. - Stuart

3 comments:

jennifer royall said...

It's the truth, Brother. I especially think this line is the heart of your realization: I am reminded to live what I preach and do it when it is inconvenient.
Powerful! Thanks for reminding us all to find ways to walk our talk 24/7.
I love you, Stuie

jennifer royall said...

Hey Bro,
You're speaking the truth! I especially like your line: I am reminded to live what I preach and do it when it is inconvenient -- it is spot on.

Thanks for reminding us to walk the talk 24/7, not just when it's easy.

I love you, Stuie!

Stuart Royall said...

I love you too sis! Thanks for following along. I love having you interact with me. Yeah!!!