Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 28, 2010

Hair Do's and Grace

Good to be alive today, good to have another shot at experiencing all the Lord has for us to learn about Him.  Today I got a good lesson in "grace".  Dictionary.com states grace defined as:

the freely given unmerited favor and love of God

Unmerited is good for me in today's lesson.  Not earned, not deserved....nothing I did.  Today's grace teacher is my wife.  Today was a very unique slow day for me.  I slept in after a very hectic and involved weekend.  Cup of coffee, kids, dog, lovin's lovin's.  Was asked by my wife to watch the kids so she could get a hair cut today.  Guys, this is basic and very important for us to do.  Heather very seldom asks me to help her with anything.  So, I was more than excited to watch my babies so that she could get her sassy cut on.  After leaving on a "play day" I was all alone at home fielding drama filled calls and pseudo waking up thinking about how to prioritize my week.  About midday I got a call from a brother to meet at the coffee shop to discuss some stuff and I was more than willing, since I had already forgotten "the cut".  After 4 missed calls and 3 urgent phone messages (from Heather), I finally realized my phone was on silence.  Upon realizing my missed  assignment I called the women for backups in prayer.  "If you don't see me at church on Sunday, send a search party to find my body."  I assumed it would be over.  Thinking the worst, I thought I could meet Heather at the Salon coming in on my hands and knees, maybe even in a worshiping position.  All I could envision was her, a filled salon and my three kids climbing on people.  On my way, rehearsing my honest cry for forgiveness, Heather had left me a message about getting an emergency babysitter and meeting me at home and wanting me to hurry and call her because she was worried about me.  Pleasantly surprised by her tone, I had new hope that perhaps I would not be dominated as I previously thought.  Upon meeting her at her mom's work, she calmly said, "Don't worry baby, you never mess up with stuff like that.  With all you've done for me it is no big deal."  GRACE.  Wow.  How valuable it is.......when you need it.  I knew I screwed up, I didn't need to hear it again, I confessed it to 3 ladies on the way to the salon, I was sure my lesson was learned.  I would patiently take the reproof though, I knew I deserved it.  What did I get?  Grace.  Unmerited favor.  That is what God gives us.  Make sure you bask in the great Grace of God today-  Stu

No comments: